We Offer Providers Satisfying Work in Small, Rural Communities
As a provider looking for a rewarding and challenging career, there are a number of reasons you should consider working in a small, rural community. While 25 percent of Americans live in rural locations like Mendocino and Lake County, only 10 percent of physicians practice in these areas, which means that here at MCHC Health Centers, we need you!
We offer an unparalleled sense of community, in a family friendly environment, filled with opportunity for education, exercise and creative outlet. In addition, with a short, stress free commute, you’ll have more time to spend with your family and friends, or to explore the million acres of national forest, numerous lakes, picturesque vineyards, and breath-taking coastline that our area has to offer. In addition, you may choose to enjoy cultural activities including the symphony, community theater, dance and yoga studios, or galleries which display the amazing work of local artists with talent in photography, jewelry making, painting, and more.
If making a difference is important to you, you’ll gain a strong sense of satisfaction when you practice at our health centers. Your expertise and compassion will be very much appreciated by your patients and your colleagues will soon become treasured mentors, eager collaborators, and lifelong friends.
All of this adds up to a quality of life that you won’t find else-where: Increased job satisfaction, time with family and friends, and the space to explore the personal interests that make your life more complete.
For current provider opportunities, by MCHC location, see the Job Openings Section.
MCHC values the highly educated healthcare professional, who serves as part of our amazingly compassionate team, to deliver high quality medical, dental and behavioral health services. As a way to demonstrate this value and remain competitive in the marketplace, MCHC offers recruitment incentives and ongoing benefits which add value back to individuals providing direct patient care.
Our recruitment incentive packages vary by position, and take into consideration the difficulty of filling that position, the supplemental financial support for the recruit that MCHC may receive from Partnership Health Plan (specific to primary care providers coming from outside the Partnership area and as each individual is approved for support by Partnership), and the individual circumstances of the candidate.
Recruitment packages may include one or more of the following:
- Moving expense reimbursement, capped based on distance of move and size of household
- COBRA reimbursement for the time from start date to insurance effective, up to $1,000.
- Providers who are required to take phone call, will receive a monthly cell phone stipend between $50.-$100. based upon the anticipated frequency of utilization as a work tool.
In addition, for primary care providers: Recruitment and Retention bonus typically paid in the following manner: 50% after 60 day evaluation and 50% after one year evaluation.
MCHC has been accepted into the following programs, so that our providers may apply for Student Loan Repayment:
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
- State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Steven M. Thompson Physician Corp Loan Repayment Program
We can currently accept National Health Service Corps Scholars into our Dental and Behavioral Health Departments.
Ongoing Benefits include:
- Paid Time Off for Regular Full-time and Regular Part-Time Providers
- Continuing Education Expense Reimbursement and paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans with share of cost
- Malpractice and Liability Insurance at no cost to you
- Life Insurance at no cost to you
- Reimbursement for one professional membership, license and DEA (acquired after start date)
- And more….
If you are interested in finding out more about our community and clinic, contact our in-house Provider Recruiter, Kelly Kesey, email@example.com
*All recruitment incentives and benefits are subject to change.