MCHC Turns 25!
We celebrated our silver anniversary: MCHC turns 25!
- Following up on Little Lake’s award in 2014, all three MCHC health centers received the National Committee on Quality Assurance’s highest recognition as Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) in 2017. We remain very proud of this award because it demonstrates our commitment to providing quality healthcare in a manner that aligns with our values. We know that when we have the right people, the right tools, and a shared commitment to excellence, we can help our patients achieve improved health outcomes. One way we’ve done this is by actively engaging our patients in their care through expanded case management services. Case management has proved particularly effective for our most challenged populations in helping them achieve improved health and new hope. The PCMH certification also demonstrates our commitment to prevention.
- We significantly expanded our pediatric care to meet the needs of the community.
- We added new specialty care, including chiropractic and podiatry.
- We expanded our dental service to create additional operatories.
- MCHC hosted more than 60 students enrolled in career development programs, including medical assistants (MAs), licensed vocational nurses (LVNs), registered nurses (RNs), and dental assistants (DAs).